Tips on Removing Red Wine Stains
- Blot as much of the wine as possible with a colour fast towel.
- Rinse the area with a detergent solution (1 tspn washing up liquid : 1 ltr of warm water)
- Blot out with a colour fast towel. Repeat step 2 & 3 whilst effective. This should be sufficient to remove fresh spills.
- If there is a residual stain, treat with a white vinegar solution. (1:1 part water)
- Rinse, blot dry and apply an ammonia solution. (1:15 Parts water)
- Rinse and repeat steps three and four as long as there is improvement.
If you have a residual stain that does not respond to the treatments above, don't despair we have a product that will work on even the most stubborn red wine stains. Contact us to learn more.
Be sure to read our general stain removal advice before proceeding.