Tips on Removing Tea Stains
- For a fresh spill dilute stain with cold water and blot dry with a colour fast towel.
- Repeat step 1 for as long as you are getting a positive result.
- If required apply a detergent/water solution (1tspn : 1 ltr of warm water) and blot dry and repeat as necessary.
- If a stain remains apply ammonia/water solution (1:15) and neutralise with a water vinegar solution (1:1).
- repeat step 4 until stain is gone or not responding. Rinse with clean water and blot dry.
- Any remaining stain is most likely a tannin stain and you will probably need our help to fix this especially if it hasn't responded to the ammonia/vinegar treatment.
Call us if your stain fails to respond to the above procedure, we have a special product effective on most organic stains including the tannins found in tea coffee and redwine. Contact us to learn more.
Be sure to read our general stain removal advice before proceeding.