Tips on Removing Blood Stains
- Rinse the affected area with a mild detergent solution (mixed with cold water. 1 tspn per litre)).
- Blot dry with a colour fast towel and repeat steps 1 & 2 whilst effective.
- If stain persists rinse with a cloudy ammonia/water solution. (1part to 15 parts water)
- Allow the area to dry naturally.
- This method will be effective for minor blood spills. For large spills see below.
Blood is a heavy liquid and can pool in the pile. In these instances you will need extraction to avoid the stain continually resurfacing. Even with extraction the stain can resurface several times if enough blood has made its way to the backing and or underlay. Contact us to learn more.
Be sure to read our general stain removal advice before proceeding.